CANADA RESEARCH CHAIR IN DIGITAL HEALTH FOR EQUITY
PHYSICIAN, EPIDEMIOLOGIST AND INNOVATOR
Dr. Tarun Katapally
I am a Canada Research Chair in Digital Health for Equity. I established the Digital Epidemiology and Population Health Laboratory to achieve one integrated outcome: health equity through patient-centred digital health innovation. I work with interdisciplinary researchers, intersectoral decision-makers and disadvantaged communities to engineer digital health solutions that harness the power of big data. My team conceptualizes and implements digital health platforms that integrate citizen science and data science to address population health crises. We apply social innovation to advance internet equity and ensure the appropriate and ethical use of data.
- Associate Professor, School of Health Studies, Faculty of Health Sciences, Western University, Canada.
- Cross-Appointed Associate Professor, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, Canada.
- Scientist, Children’s Health Research Institute, Lawson Health Research Institute.
- Country Leader, Active Healthy Kids India, Active Healthy Kids Global Alliance, Hyderabad, India.
- Adjunct Professor, Hirabai Cowasji Jehangir Medical Research Institute, Pune, India.
- Smart India
- Smart Indigenous Youth
- Smart Youth